Thread Rank 1
- All of group gain +1 to Physical, Spell, and Social defenses
- Need to know the name of the Ring
Thread Rank 2
- All of group gain +1 STEP to all Talents
- Need to know the name of the Horror (Dubiahn)
Thread Rank 3
- All of group gain additional +3 to Physical, Spell, and Social defenses
- Need to know the name of at least one Adept in the team with Vaare during that battle
Thread Rank 4
- All of group gain additional +3 STEPS to all Talents
- Need to know the location of the battle where the Horror was defeated (Haven)
Thread Rank 5
- Deed: A member of the group must voluntarily perform a ritual, which will cause a Wound and 15 points of damage (additional Wounds may apply). Once ritual is completed, all of group will gain (1) additional +6 to Physical, Spell, and Social defenses, and (2) additional +4 STEPS to all Talents for 24 hours.
- Need to know the final words uttered by Vaare as Dubiahn was finally destroyed (“this is for my family!”)
Thread Rank 6
1) You need a drop of blood from the victim of the Horror Mark (blood magic, target takes 3 Wounds which cannot be healed for 3 days) and 3 damage (which cannot be healed for a Year and a Day).
2) Any character who has a Rank 6 Thread to Vaare’s ring can perform ritual.
3) Add up the ranks of all the Ring Thread Ranks from all party members. This number becomes your Ritual Step.
4) Once every hour, chosen character rolls Ritual Step dice. Repeat every hour for a total of eight hours (and eight rolls).
5) Determine the sum of all the die rolls (called “Result”) and compare that to the number represented by 10 times the Horror’s Spell Defense (called “Target”).
6) If the Result is greater than or equal to the Target, the Horror Mark is irrevocably broken. In addition, the victim cannot be Marked by the Horror again for a Year and a Day.
7) If the Result is between 85% and 99% of the Target, the Mark is dampened (unable to be used by the Horror) for 7 days, However, the Horror will be very angry at the victim once the Mark is reinstated.
8) If the Result is between 60% and 84% of the Target, the Horror will attempt to Mark the character doing the Ritual.
9) If the Result is less than 60% of the Target, the character performing the Ritual suffers 3 Wounds and 3 points of damage.